Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to avoid "the brain fatigue"

Hello everybody! I just wanted to post this right now to tell you all that i am finding out that this isn't as easy as I had hoped. It is turning out to be a lot of brain work. I know that might make me sound like an incompetent canidate to be tackling this project. Let me explain.

I grew up in snowflake Arizona where my parents own a lawn maintenance company. Naturally I grew up learning how to work hard. I became accustomed to earning a living with my back not my brain. Even after I guaduated highschool and moved to Chandler Arizona I found employment with companies that were in need of skilled labor. I became very skilled in landscape installation and maintenance and swimming pool maintenance and repair.

Please do not get me wrong! I am not by anymeans lacking in intelligence. You may find that my grammar isn't always perfect and that every once in a while I will make spelling mistakes. But I have always been very smart. Also please understand that I am not trying to brag on myself to try to win you over and make you like me either.

All I am trying to say here is that if you're not used to working your brain all day long you may or may not be in for a surprise. I am finding that it's more intense than I suspected it would be. It takes high levels of concentration for long periods of time. I don't know if I suffer from a little of attention deficit dissorder or if it's just too much concentration all at once but I have to take frequent breaks.

That is my suggestion for any of you who is experiencing my same problem. Take frequent breaks. Another thing I find helpful is to go back to the good ole pad of paper and a pen. I find if I write my thoughts and plans down on a pad of paper while I am sitting on the couch or somewhere comfortable that my brain is able to relax a little more. Then once I have planned what I want to post here, or what I need to study I'll go to the computer. That also makes the time that I do spend on the computer much more productive.

Let me know how you deal with what I call "brain fatigue". Which I guess is just a sensation that "I can't sit here at this computer another second or I will go insane". If I go too long it will cause a headache. Is this something that any of you deal with? How do you do it? Your input will be a huge help for me and for those who read this that are having the same problems. Thank you all!

Gordon Holcomb
Age: 25 years old
Education: high school graduate





No comments:

Post a Comment